Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hypocrits Bug!

Ok, I was having some friends over to hang out and one brought a guy with her. I am so ok with that, the more the marrier. Well this guy was great, funny, smart, passionate about a lot of things. We were dicussing that some major changes that were happening around the area and we talked about our feelings of the growth and development. I really was impressed because he knows a guy that is trying to do a documentary of the upcoming building and such, as well as how the people of the community feel about it and how it will effect the culture (some people are very upset about the changes.) So he goes off an a tangent about how he really is excited about people who find a cause and are trying to make a difference in the world with it. The idea of rallying the people around to stand for something the person feels strong about. He states how he has a dream about finding something that he's so passionate about and how he loves the idea and yada yada yada. He goes on and we all agree and such. Then somehow the topic of missionaries is brought up and he just goes off about how he gets so angry with them and won't open the door. EVERYONE there was like "well wait" and I make the comment how it's so freaking hot we could atleast give them water. And this guy was like "No, they ..." and just freaks out about it all again. The friend who brought this guy interupted him and said "wait, you know they are mormon and they both..."
"I don't care" the guy goes on, "I hate seeing those stupid people trying to bug me and waste my time and ..." blah blah blah.
If you didn't know, both my husband and myself served missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. HELLO?!!
I kinda got a bit upset at him (but not to his face, I just murmured about it later, and am ranting about it now.) HYPOCRIT! I mean come on, I feel so passionate about my cause (or the Lord's cause) that I tried everything I knew to tell people about it (and still am), I even took the time to knock on everydoor I could for 18 monthes and tell people who might not have heard otherwise. Of course, this only teaches me that as honorable and "for the cause" as this guy and many others want to be, they are quite close minded, selfish and angry people, going against the whole concept of what he wanted to do, and being the stuborn person he wanted to change. Ok, now that's off my chest. Please feel free to comment or tell me I'm wrong or that this made no sense of any kind. It would be nice to hear ya'll thoughts this time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to you sister! Tweed I think you know how I feel about things and people like that and such. So need I say more? I'm glad you got on top of your soap box and got that off of your chest. I'm proud of you.

Lofi

Casey said...

i'm upset you didnt get more upset. i wouldnt mind reading about blood being drawn either. what a jerk.

Stephanie said...

Most definitely hypocritical. Unfortunately the world is full of those kind of people.

Anonymous said...

that is when you step back and very calmly ask "i thought you said that people should have a passion in life and do what needs to be done to fulfill it." if he argues further then you say "so what you are saying is... you are a liar?"

CBlair said...

Thats incredible, Brenda. I don't know how you restrained yourself...

Isn't it funny how people are so open...to their own ideals? If it isn't part of their agenda...they slam the door shut.

I say let them eat cake!